Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Star is '*' not working in QEMC

Can security be implemented in QEMC at Sheet Object Level?

this discussion has been moved to the above thread because the content is the same. Please follow discussion at the above link.

Thanks,

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you detail a little more what exactely is not working? And it's not working on the server, but locally, or not working at all?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As swuehl‌ said, no enough info.  I can only give some explanation how the * works in section access.  It doesn't mean  "all values" - it means "all listed values".   For example, you have this:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USER, REDUCTIONFIELD

USER, USER1, A

USER, USER2, B

USER, USER3, C

USER, USER1, *

];

Here USER1 has access to REDUCTIONFIELD A,B, and C.  If there are other values (e.g. D, E, F) - he doesn't have access to them.  To get access to all values, it should be:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USER, REDUCTIONFIELD

USER, USER1, A

USER, USER2, B

USER, USER3, C

USER, USER1,

];

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Below is my hidden script:

Section Access;

LOAD DISTINCT

Upper(ACCESS),

Upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME

FROM QMC;

Section Application;

Star is *;

SectionAccesstab:

LOAD Upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,

Upper(ZONE) as %ZONE

From QMC;

The question: I have 10 charts and for 1 out of 10 charts, sales persons sud see data on all zones, for remaining charts and tabs across the dashboard, data sud be reduced zonewise. can we do it excel-free.

my approach: I am planning to control data reduction at expn level: For that one chart which sud allow data on all zone, I am not going to use, %zone in the expression of the chart. For all remaining charts, I am going to use %zone in the expn so that data is reduced according to definition. For eg. count(if(field1='13' and %zone=zone1,ID)) where zone1 is the actual fieldname in the app. this expn allows me to give respective sales person their zone-data. But the problem is for some users, when I assign " * " to give access to all data, chart is blank on front end when I use %zone=zone1 in the expn. however, the expn with %zone use is working correctly if a user is assigned a certain zone, just not for admins n users with a *.

what is your soln? cud there be a more robust approach?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

swuehl‌ and mov‌ any thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How do I make QEMC understand that * means all listed values at expression level????????????

swuehl
MVP
MVP

As I posted to you other thread (please try to avoid re-posting), I believe the star symbol * semantic for 'all listed values' is only valid within section access, not section application tables.

Try

=count( if( field1='13' and ZONE LIKE %ZONE, ID))