Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Static step in slider object

Hi all,

I've a problem with the slider object. The purchases and sales data has a corresponding date. What I want is to create an slide in which only to select months, not days. I've created an slider and link it to the date field but if I move the selector, the selection is for only 1 day and what I want is to select the month, what can I do?

Thanks for your time and sorry my bad english.

Greetings,

Miguel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

instead of using the date field itself, you can use an expression derived from this field. See Slider properties --> general tab --> pull down menü ---> choose last entry (in english: <expression>). Then you are able to input an expression similar to

=Year(SalesDate & '-' & Month(SalesDate)

Another (better) way would be to create this "rolling MonthYear" as a seperate field within your loadscript.

Regards, Roland

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

instead of using the date field itself, you can use an expression derived from this field. See Slider properties --> general tab --> pull down menü ---> choose last entry (in english: <expression>). Then you are able to input an expression similar to

=Year(SalesDate & '-' & Month(SalesDate)

Another (better) way would be to create this "rolling MonthYear" as a seperate field within your loadscript.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Roland! It works! I've tested the expression and it works perfectly.