Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Straight Table Calculations

Hello ! I am very new to QV.

Please see attached..

the dispersion work great on the individual months, but the aggregate accuracy/dispersion isn't working correctly.

The dispersion needs to be the 'sum of the rows of the ABS(error) / total Lag3 forecast.

Help,,,,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(fabs(Sum ([Actual Sales])-Sum ([Lag3 Forecast])), [*DmdUnit], [Actual Month]))/Sum ([Lag3 Forecast])

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The dispersion should be 57%, not 20%

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Whats the expression for the column and also what have you set the total mode as?

a sample app would help

sunny_talwar

What are your expressions for ABS and Lag3? Wrap them around with Sum(Aggr(, Dimensions)) and it should work fine

Sum(Aggr(ABSExpression, YourDimensions))/Sum(Aggr(Lag3Expression, YourDimensions))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actual Sales = Sum ([Actual Sales])

Lag3 Forecast = Sum ([Lag3 Forecast])

ABS Error = fabs(Sum ([Actual Sales])-Sum ([Lag3 Forecast]))

Accuracy = Sum ([Actual Sales])/Sum ([Lag3 Forecast])

Dispersion = (fabs(Sum ([Actual Sales])-Sum ([Lag3 Forecast]))) /( Sum ([Lag3 Forecast]))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do not see how to upload the QV

sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(fabs(Sum ([Actual Sales])-Sum ([Lag3 Forecast])), [*DmdUnit], [Actual Month]))/Sum ([Lag3 Forecast])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Perfect !

I assume that if I remove the DmdUnit and Actual Month's fields from the table - it will no longer work ?

Let's say I only want a simple table that just shows that accuracy and dispersion for the selected dmdunit and months - but not actually in the table ?

sunny_talwar

Not sure I follow, you want to show this in a text box object?

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

If you remove the DmdUnit and Actual Month fields as dimensions the calculations should still work, you just won't be able to see the accuracy and dispersion per Dmdunit/Actual Month combination anymore, just the total. But if you only want to see these 2 values then you might be better off using text box objects as Sunny suggested, that might look a bit better.