Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table- Count totals in the last row

Straight Table Chart 1

Dimensions:            Expression:

Fruits                          ID

Vegetables

Drinks

Fish

Meat

Straight Table Chart 2

Dimension:            Expression

ID                            Only({<ID = >} Fruits)

For both tables the result would be similar, something like (Results based on selections):

IDFruitsDrinksVegetablesFishMeat
1AppleD1PotatoesSalmonLamb
2BananaD2Onions-Beef
3PineappleD3--Chicken
4WatermelonD4---
5MelonD5---
6-D6---

Now I was asked to present the Totals on the Last Row, the expected result should be:

Problem:

In the first chart in the expression I just had to use the Total Mode (Numeric count). But when I go to the presentation tab to use the TOTALS option (Total on Last row with label =GetPossibleCount(Fruits) ), it only works for the first dimension (It applies the result for the all rows):

Is there a way for me to count the results on the chart or get the expected requirement?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Iuri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hemhund2016
Creator
Creator

Use this. !

It is working. I have tested it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rajeshforqlikvi
Creator
Creator

Hi , since the level place is not a kind of writing the expression so it will not work as expected.

its not a good idea but we can take a text box at the place where you want the count for desired one

and use count(fruits) and keep the the text object at the same place by matching all color combination same.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for your response. I think that only way will be to create the same chart (with condition) then insert expressions with count.

hemhund2016
Creator
Creator

Use this. !

It is working. I have tested it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hemantha,

Thank you for your help, was good learn this from you!

vipin_mishra479
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Hemantha,

when i select any id from your application then i get wrong count. Are you sure is this the wright answer.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vipin,

I have applied the same logic in my main QVW and its working fine, you may have to look on the total mode options.

Not applicable
Author

I forgot to mention that I removed the "-1"