Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table columns

Hey Guys,

Please check the attachments. The following explanation is what I want to achieve with the info from the clientMeerkring Org.

From the first table, in the month of may (Maand) Mei in dutch we receive two invoices € 670,73 for Gas consumption and € 487,35 for electricity. As you can see from the Energy Type list box, the client has electraand gas connections. Now in the second table below I added the column Energy Type and the result is not what I expected.For Mei, the records are showing electra and gas twice for each of the amounts. But what I want is: The Maand Mei should still show two records as in the first table with € 670,73  associated to gas and€ 487,35 associated to electra respectively.And from Jun through to Sep all those amounts are for gas but as you can see from the second table the same amounts are associated to both connections.

Please any help on how to resolved these issue will be truly appreciated. I have attached both the table and data model.

Thanks,

Simon.

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the reason is your datamodel and that the key-chain from the tables Invoice to Connection to Energy isn't suitable and you might need some redesign between them.

- Marcus

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seems that this is due to your data model, your relevant tables are only linked by LocationID.

This client seems to have to invoices in this month for this LocationID, and two Energy Types for the same LocationID.

When you combine this in a chart, it makes up for rows, duplicating invoices and Energy Types.

You need to redesign your model.

Not applicable
Author

Please any help on how to achieve that? Suggestions, what to link to what and so on. 

Thanks.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's hard to answer without knowing your data and requirements in detail.

I assume your invoices should show the EnergyType (gas or electricity) somewhere, in a different field, while your connection table is more like a contract?

I would start with

Get started with developing qlik datamodels

Advanced topics for creating a qlik datamodel

More advanced topics of qlik datamodels

Not applicable
Author

Thanks