Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange Data Load issue

Hi All,

I am facing some strange data issue in the Qlik application between the environments(DEV,QA&Prod) .

My scenario is like below

The Forecast table having a date (Fore_Cast_Date) field like "2017-08-09*",'2017-08-10',"2017-09-09*"..etc

As per requirement I need to create a report that  contains " * " should be in one report and excluding " * " in other report.

Also I need to show only last 30 months of Fore_Cast_Date (which has "*") . So I am using below condition

where LEN(Fore_Cast_Date)>10 AND Fore_Cast_Date>=addmonths(PURGECHAR(Fore_Cast_Date,'*'),-30).

Which works fine in Dev & QA environemnt. But it is returning 0 records in Prod environment.

Any idea about the above issue? Let me know if you have more info.

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Double check that your dates are properly interpreted as dates (showing a numerical representation) when loaded into Qlik. Might be that the different systems behave differently based on version / system environment.

Why don’t my dates work?

edit: I mean, something like

Fore_Cast_Date>=addmonths(PURGECHAR(Fore_Cast_Date,'*')

can only be evaluated correctly if Fore_Cast_Date itself shows a numeric representation (and then I wonder why you would need the Purgechar on the right side).

marcus_sommer

I could imagine that Fore_Cast_Date isn't interpreted as date-value within your production environment. Take a look if the date-format settings from your main script-tab is the same in all environments. Further are you using different releases within the environments? Especially the use of the "*" wildcard within the date looked somehow odd and might part of your issue - what is the reason for it?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl

Thank you for your response. Actually the Fore_Cast_Date is not  coming as Date. It is string and it is Hive tables.

My question is it was working fine in Dev ,QA and it is giving 0 records in Prod alone. When we verified source data I didn't see any difference between the environment and formats.

Any Idea on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi marcus_sommer

Thank you for your response. As you said the Fore_Cast_Date is not  a Date and it is string and it is coming from Hive tables.

I am expecting "0" records in Dev & QA as well. Why it is working  Dev & QA rather than Prod.

Any Idea on this?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Follow the instructions Henric is giving in his blog post I've linked to above.

Here is another one:

Get the Dates Right

marcus_sommer

Possible reasons could be:

- different releases

- different system-variables

- different local settings within the OS

- different load-orders

Why are there wildcards within the date?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan Wühl

and then I wonder why you would need the Purgechar on the right side).

Actually I need to have Fore_Cast_Date which is falling in last 30 months also it should have "*" in the

Fore_Cast_Date date field

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi marcus_sommer

Thanks for you reply. Actually it is business need that List box should have "*" added date field for selection

swuehl
MVP
MVP

..within the last 30 months of what? Today?

Maybe

where LEN(Fore_Cast_Date)>10 AND Today(1) >=addmonths(PURGECHAR(Fore_Cast_Date,'*'),-30)

or maybe you need a different comparison

where LEN(Fore_Cast_Date)>10 AND  Today(1) <=addmonths(PURGECHAR(Fore_Cast_Date,'*'), 30)

But in general I would suggest to get your dates right, see the documents I've already linked to.