Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Strange formula issue

Hi all,

I Have a strange issue with a formula within Qlikview. For reference I am using Qlikview 11.

Here is the formula in question : -

sum

(if(PARTICIPANT_TYPE_ID=2,if(UIQUEUETIMEWH=null(),0,if(UIQUEUETIMEWH>Q_SRVC_LVL_CURR_VIOLATION,0,1)),0))

To give a little more detail I am building a dashboard on customer interactions and we have been asked to provide the detail of each interaction (I.E. Email, Reply email etc) and also to provide a count of unique interactions which would count an originating email and a reply as 1 interaction.

My problem is when using this formula locally with my QV development client the formula works perfectly however, when its loaded to our QV server (Version 11 Also) the formula displays different results.

For reference both the client and server version of this dashboard are loaded with the identical recordset.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

5 Replies
djsampat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please upload a sample file or the code that works outside Qlikview. Maybe screenshots of both, so we can understand your issue.

You could have a link to extra data on the server that is affecting the calculation or maybe a longshot, but your date format on the server may be different to your client, thus DD/MM/YY on your client works, while MM/DD/YY on the server cause lines to fail.

Use Debug and step through an update on the Client and you may be able to see where it is skipping something that the server doesn't e.g. a linked excel file.

If this helped you, please mark as Helpful. If it solves your issue, please mark as Answer

Regards

Dhruv

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

It should not happen, there may be some difference in the dataset, to prove this deploy the development version in server and check there is any difference.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response, I have copied the client directly to the DEV server and refreshed the dashboard reviewed the QV document through access point and then copied the file back from the server to my local machine and openend in the QV client. So now both have the same data loaded and the same formula. However the formula results are different on the QV server vs Client. Really strange! With regards to date formats, It is only certain formulas that are i,mpacted other like simple SUM or Count work fine.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, as per my response above I have refreshed the data on the dev server and then copied the QV client locally and still I get different reults for the above formula however, simple counts and sums are working fine. Really strange!

djsampat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

It would be good to see your code and then we could analyse why it is happening. Or upload you dev and live sample files, so we can look at your example.

If this helped you, please mark as Helpful. If it solves your issue, please mark as Answer

Regards
Dhruv