Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gosiadabrowska
Contributor
Contributor

Strange problem with opening the QVW file

Dear All,

I'm facing this problem for few months now and I haven't been able to find a solution, so maybe some of you had similar case and know how to solve it.

I cannot open one of our qvw files on server, even though I can on Access Point with same user.

While trying to open on server I get error:

error1.png

after clicking ok I get:

error2.png

and at the end I geterror3.png.

This is the only file that I have such problem with.

Before and after trying to open it I can open any other report and as it is only me who cannot open it.

I don't think it is the licence problem nor the security settings (since as I've specified I can open it in Access Point).

My Qlikview version is 12.20.20700.0 November 2017 SR6, but I had the same problem on version 11 also with this file.

Looking forward for some advice.

Gosia

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think it's a licence issue because you have only two separate accesses to an application. One will be the access point and another probably the access with a desktop client on a certain machine - if you then tries to access the file with the desktop client from another machine it will fail because it would be the third access (there is a quarantine of 30 days after that such access-restriction is automatically released). The error-message that no session or usage cal is available hints to the fact that there is no named or document cal left for your user.

- Marcus