Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

String to integer conversion

Is it possible to convert the format from string into integer in QV? For example my data is : PX42/ABCDEFG1234/0.222342 and i want to convert it to integer....as a number....is it possible for me??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have a look at PurgeChar()/Keepchar().

View solution in original post

27 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have a look at PurgeChar()/Keepchar().

Not applicable
Author

erm...what is that?i'm new for QV.....sry about that...

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

=KeepChar('PX42/ABCDEFG1234/0.222342', '1234567890')

LOAD

KeepChar(DimensionName, '1234567890') as FormattedNumber

FROM DataSource;

Note: Replace DimensionName with your actual field name.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

it gv me error in calculation dimension.....

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Those are functions.

PurgeChar('12345@#67#@', '#@') -> gives output : 123456 , simply purges the characters (second parameter from the main string(first parameter).

keepChar() -> similarly does the reverse, keeps only the characters mentioned as the second argument. For details see help.

Not applicable
Author

I tried both for PurgeChar()/Keepchar().....both also gv me error in calculation in dimension....any idea tresesco???

tresesco
MVP
MVP

What is the expected output from the your sample string 'PX42/ABCDEFG1234/0.222342' ? Do you need decimal?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Do this in load script, so that it would be easier in front end.

LOAD

KeepChar(DimensionName, '1234567890') as FormattedNumber

FROM DataSource;

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

ya i try yr purgechar and keepchar already....its both work very well for me.....then now i want to ask if i want to convert  only one character to ASCII value or a value.....izzit possible for me??

for example S is equal to 83 and P is equal to 80.....i found this on ASCII table....but if i want to do it on QV.....can??