Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Not applicable

Sum analysis based on varied week periods

Hello,

I have a database which stores week periods (nice week), calendar weeks(week_class - i.e current week (shown as 0 below), week-1 (1),week-2 etc etc) and a calculated sum for each week .

I want to be able to click on nice week (i.e. 27 Feb shown as 8 below) and to be able to view both the current week (0) and the previous weeks (1) sum for comparison analysis in 2 LED text boxes.

So if you click on nice week (27 Feb), you should also be able to see the previous weeks calculation for 20 Feb (i.e. week-1), if you click on nice week (20 Feb), you see the previous weeks calculation for 13 Feb (i.e. week-2).

Nice_Week

Week_Class

SUM(hours)

I have tried various expressions relating to SUM(IF(Week_Class ='current week',(hours)))

SUM(IF(Week_Class ='Week-1',(hours))) etc etc

as an expression in the text box but it only works if you select both applicable nice weeks at the same time. I would like to be able to click on only 1 nice week option and have Qlikview automatically recognise to display that weeks sum and the previous week.

Appreciate this is probably straightforward but I have recieved no training with this and although I have made progress, I'm getting to the point where Qlikview is becoming a verb but not a pleasant one!

Thanks for any help.

Matt

3 Replies
Partner
Partner

hi,

Try this code.

for current Week :

Sum({<Week_Class ={$(=Max(Week_Class))}>} Value)

for Previous Week

Sum({<Week_Class ={$(=Max(Week_Class)-1)}>} Value)

Not applicable

Thanks Deepak but I'm afraid your suggested code is returning zero values.

Partner
Partner

Hi

Can you attach a sample application. Chekc by selecting multiple weeks...

It should work fine...