Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gosiadabrowska
Contributor
Contributor

Sum function not working properly

Dear All!

I've tried to find similar problem here but I couldn't. The problem I'm facing is with sum function. And it is both with script function and designer function.

When I am loading 4 specific values to Qlikview (no matter if from xls file, inline - manually typed or qvd) sum of each 2 records is fine while sum of 4 records is not working properly (and I've already test it on 2 users).

The whole script looks like

script.PNG

If you take sum the 4 values (manually, calculator, excel) it gives -0.06 (kind of obvious especially the last 3 values gives 0)

Anyway, when I reload that the result of sum from script and sum in chart is suspiciously incorrect as on picture below:example.PNG

I know I can use rounding function but that does not solve my problem as in some examples I would like to have possibility to have 3 decimals or more but not here where it is clearly incorrect.

I know I sound a bit out of my mind, and if I saw someone saying that I would quickly go to my Qlikview to prove someone is totally doing something wrong, but in this case I am asking you for help as it is not working for me.

I strongly believe it is not data itself or script or anything on my side. Is it possible that there is some kind of problem on Qlikview side here? Have you ever seen problem like that or maybe you have solution how to deal with that?

I think I should also specify that I am working on Version 11.20.13405.0 SR15 64-bit Edition (v64).

I would highly appreciate your help:)

Gosia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Look here:

Rounding Errors

gosiadabrowska
Contributor
Contributor
Author