Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum() in the script using only one cpu core

Hi all,

today I noticed some strange behaviour during reload of a document - using sum() with Group By is using only one core (of 16). The script is very simple:

GroupData:

Load

sum(Amount) as TotalAmount,

Category

Resident MyTable

Group By

Category

;

When the reload process reach this part of the script it switch to only one core. For a small amount of data is ok but i have ~400M rows in "MyTable". I'm expecting this script to take more than one core or i'm wrong?

Has anyone have experienced the same behaviour?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I haven't tested this myself, but I would not be surprised if this is single threaded. The "Group by" operation in the script is not so commonly used, so the demand to optimize it has not been there. ("Group by" is usually made in a SELECT, i.e. it is executed by a multi-threaded database. Or it is performed in a chart in QlikView, which is multi-threaded.)

HIC

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I haven't tested this myself, but I would not be surprised if this is single threaded. The "Group by" operation in the script is not so commonly used, so the demand to optimize it has not been there. ("Group by" is usually made in a SELECT, i.e. it is executed by a multi-threaded database. Or it is performed in a chart in QlikView, which is multi-threaded.)

HIC

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

"Group by" into a script is a single core operation. No workarounds, unfortunately

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answers.

Somehow i've been living with the idea that is multi core. Any future  plans to make it multi core?

Regards!

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Demand for multi-threading on the group in the script of course is, for example, we are working through the terminal server. It is not clear why not do multithreading in groups in a script. Subscribe to the issue two years ago ... Are there any plans in this regard?

I also as a developer much easier to organize the data store in a format QVD and not build individual "workers" requests to the database because at the moment they are more effective and much faster than qlikview.