Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suppose if the table contains millions of records, if we want to load only 100 records. What are all the ways of doing it?

Hi All,

Suppose if the table contains millions of records, if we want to load only 100 records. What are all the ways of doing it?

Thanks,

Attitude

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I know following are the ways of doing it.

1. Debugging it with only 100 rows.

2. Writing WHERE condition in the script to load only 100 rows.

But would like to know is there is anyother way of doing it!

Thanks,

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Why no reply yet? Any idea how wan load only the limited number for rows other than the one which is mentioned above!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Attitude,

I guess it's just not very interesting for most of us to answer these kind of academic or exam type questions, like

'name all ...', 'What are all the ways of doing ...'.

Are you trying to compile a kind of dictionary or school book?

If yes, you should maybe offer some reward for the co-authors you want to recruit here 😉

Regards,

Stefan

P.S:

FIRST prefix to load or Select (SQL) statement.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Its going to have to be a limitation in either the SQL or the LOAD statement.

Even if you decide to throw it to the LOAD statement which would mean letting the SQL pull the millions of rows in, your LOAD statement then will limit the dataset to 100 rows through its own WHERE statement.

Another way is to set an incremental counter on the SQL RowNo() or something like that which counts from 1 to infinity, then set the LOAD Where counter <= 100.

but that's no more exciting than any of the other options mentioned here.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan

Sorry if my post are so annoying! I know this looks like exam type or academic questions for the experts like you. I just asked this questions as there may some different ways of doing it. As this tool is very new to the market and it has lots of various features which is not known to many of the users like me. Also though the tool is popular in the market there are very few projects and few resources for this tool which is undoubtedly true. So I have posted this question to understand features of the tool better. 

Sorry again from my side!

Thanks,

Attitude

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Attitude,

I absolutely agree with Stefan. No offense, but you're basically flooding the forum with questions you could solve if you just read the manual:

http://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/1794-102-2-2839/QlikView%20Reference%20Ma...

Cheers,

Jakob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jakob

Sorry to you too. I felt bad that my questions are annoying. I will stop the asking the questions which is there in the manual. But what about those which is not there in the manual.

Could you please guide me where is the answer for the above questions or similar question in the forum? If it is there then it is worth to look at the reference manual. For my queries I went through the reference manual but could't get he required details.It is not only me who is not very fond of qlikview manual, there are so many who dislikes the manual. I frankly learnt so much from the community then what I learnt from the reference manual. So I always put my questions in the community to get the better solution than what is there in the manual.

Thanks,

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jakob

Look at the solution given by Bill Britt. Do you this sort of document is available in the manual? Not at all...

This is one of the reason I learn from the community than learning from the manual.

Thanks,

Attitude

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Agreed. Have you been to any QlikView Trainings? Those really helped me out with a lot of infromation one does not find in the manual, or even the forum.