Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranibosch
Creator
Creator

Suppress lines on a pivot table

Good day,

i would like to know if there is a way to suppress results on a pivot table.

i have a pivot table where i do not want it to show the result where sales for the last x2 months have been zero.

see screenshot of below:

pivot tablepivot table

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'll have to do that with set analysis expressions. Every chart expression in your pivot table needs to be modified to include a filter that selects only those lines that meet your conditions. Perhaps you can post a small qlikview document that we can modify this way.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ranibosch
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for feedback Gysbert.

please find sample file attached.

ranibosch
Creator
Creator
Author

Basically my expression in the pivot table looks like this:

Sum ([Shop Sales Past 2 months])/2*-1

How do I insert a set analysis into this expression to only show results greater than zero in the object?

ranibosch
Creator
Creator
Author

I was thinking something like this:

Sum (

//insert set analysis here

{ < {(Sum ([Shop Sales Past 2 months])/2*-1 / [Case weight]) > '0' > }

//end of set analysis

[Shop Stock Level])
/
[Case weight]

This does not work at all though..

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ranibosch, best I have for you is the following Design Blog post on Set Analysis:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1468344

There are some related links at the bottom of that post.  Below is the base Design Blog URL as well, you can use it to do some further searching if you like.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.