Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
Highlighted
Not applicable

Supress when null in Pivot Table

Hi All,

I have a pivot table with 4 expressions in it.

I want to suppress zero/null values just for 1 expression and not others ( a business requirement).

But when i am doing that from presentation tab and Checking "Suppress values when null" , this is getting applied to all the  expressions and not just that particular one.

I have tried writing conditional expression but not of any help. Please Guide.

[Elaborated Situation: Actually i am calculating share expression for products (Volume of one product/Volume of all products), when i am selecting any product the expression is getting calculated for that but the rows corresponding to other products are 0 and the table is not reducing]

6 Replies

Re: Supress when null in Pivot Table

Which expression you want to suppress

You might need to use expression like this

Len(Expression) > 0

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
vikasmahajan
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shilpa

IF ( Len(Expression) > 0 , Expression)  this should work.

Vikas

sushil353
Honored Contributor II

if possible share the sample application for better resolution of your query.

rupamjyotidas
Valued Contributor

When you have multiple expressions in a table , it won't be possible to suppress zero/null for just one of the equation. what you can do it replace the zero/null to something

IF ( Len(Expression) > 0 , Expression) will give a empty bucket for the values not present

IF ( Len(Expression) < 0 , 0,Expression) will give Zero values for the values not present

Not applicable

Thanks all,

It wasn't working this way. as i had share expressions !

Temporarily i made separate chart for some of the expressions.

rupamjyotidas
Valued Contributor

Please close the discussion