cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwscott1
Creator
Creator

Switch sheets with selection from search object

I have two sheets Search and KB. The tabs are hidden. The search sheet just has a search object. I would like to automatically switch to the KB sheet once a user makes a selection from the search object. I would also need  a button to take the user back to the search sheet. Thanks in advance for the help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Melvin,

I have attached a simple example QVW

andy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Suggest to create a variable: vShowHide with value 1

Layout-condition for the Search-Tab will be =$(vShowHide), for the KB-tab = NOT($(vShowHide))

Create a Trigger on update the Search-field to set the variable vShowHide to be =NOT($(vShowHide)).

This will hide the Search-Tab and make the KB-tab visible.

on the KB-tab you create a button with the same trigger.

HTH Peter

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Melvin,

I have attached a simple example QVW

andy

rubenmarin

I almost didn't answered because I didn't like this solution, but I post and you decide if you want to apply.

In document properties-->triggers you can set a trigger 'On any selection', add an action Design-->Activate Sheet and in the text box set =If(GetActiveSheetId()='Document\SEARCH', 'KB', 'SEARCH')

Then if you are in the SEARCH sheet and make any selection (no matter if it's in search object) it will go to KB sheet.

I didn't like because it will check this with every selection in the whole document