Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Symmetric difference (Set operators (/) )

Hi,

In set analysis there one type of Set Operator that I haven't used yet, and this is the " Symmetric difference " operator.

I already done some research regarding that operator but I could not find a good example (not even in the reference manual) of how I could use it.

Can you give an example of how I could use it please.

Thanks in advance.

Iuri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Iuri,

Please read this blog http://aftersync.com/blog/the-magic-of-set-analysis-part-iii

" “/=” – This one is used to define a symmetric difference (XOR), and the resulting record set will contain the values that are present in either one set but not in the other."

I create sample qlikview file for you, Please see the attachment.

In this qlikview file you can see the table with symmetric difference in left side that represented values for Dim 2  that are not started with "D", and the right side staright table show value for the Dim2 that are started with "D".

symmetric difference.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Iuri,

Please read this blog http://aftersync.com/blog/the-magic-of-set-analysis-part-iii

" “/=” – This one is used to define a symmetric difference (XOR), and the resulting record set will contain the values that are present in either one set but not in the other."

I create sample qlikview file for you, Please see the attachment.

In this qlikview file you can see the table with symmetric difference in left side that represented values for Dim 2  that are not started with "D", and the right side staright table show value for the Dim2 that are started with "D".

symmetric difference.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jafari,

I could understand now how this feature can be used.