Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Syntax Help

I have a chart with the expression....

Sum ({<Month={">=$(=AddMonths(Today(),-12))"}>}CountAppt)

Month is in 'YYYY-MMM' format.  I want to see the last 12 complete months in the chart.  So if we are in October 2013 I want to see September 2013->October 2012 going back in time.

I can't figure out why I keep getting 'No data to display' and I am sure it is something simple that I am overlooking...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please try below expression, if you have Date dimension.

Sum ({<DateDimension={">=$(=AddMonths(Today(),-12))<=$(=Today())"}>}CountAppt)

If not works then check the date format DateDimension and Today() are same if not then change Date(Today(), 'DateFormat').

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

First guess- QlikView is seeing your 'Month' field as text.  You need to make sure it sees the field as a date (e.g., use '2013-10-01' rather than '2013-10' so it will guess, or use an explicit conversion.

Hope it helps.

-Greg

MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

Sum ({<Month={">=$(=MonthName(AddMonths(Today(),-12)))"}>}CountAppt)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try something like this in the SET...

Sum ({<Month={">=$(=Year(AddMonths(Today(),-12)) & '-' & Upper(Left(MonthName(AddMonths(Today(),-12)), 3)))"}>}CountAppt)

better yet..

create a variable out of that

and use that variable in the set...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

AddMonths(Today(),-12) calculates a date. So your Month field has to be a date field too. If your Month field is a string then >= comparison won't work either. In that case create a Month field that is a date formatted as YYYY-MMM:

date(monthstart(MyDateFieldHere),'YYYY-MMM') as Month. And you'll probably have to use the date function to format the result of addmonths too: Sum ({<Month={">=$(=date(AddMonths(Today(),-12),'YYYY-MMM'))"}>}CountAppt)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Aadil

Using your expresion was able to limit 12 months prior but I still have future dates in the graph.  I am seeing dates through 2014.  Any thoughts?

greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Your statement currently only limits the month to anything greater than 12 months prior.  You need to add a condition in the expression to limit month to anything between 12 months prior and today.

You can do this with a BETWEEN clause or by using Sum ({<Month={">=$(=Year(AddMonths(Today(),-12)) & '-' & Upper(Left(MonthName(AddMonths(Today(),-12)), 3)))"}> AND <Month={"<=$(=Year(Today(),-12)) & '-' & Upper(Left(MonthName(Today()), 3)))"}>}CountAppt).

-Greg

Not applicable
Author

Ahh... I never defined the top end of the date range!

Thank you for your help!

greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Exactly.  Glad to help!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please try below expression, if you have Date dimension.

Sum ({<DateDimension={">=$(=AddMonths(Today(),-12))<=$(=Today())"}>}CountAppt)

If not works then check the date format DateDimension and Today() are same if not then change Date(Today(), 'DateFormat').

Regards,

Jagan.