Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tashtashtash
Contributor
Contributor

Table Looping in Data Model Structure

Hi All,

I'm in the process of creating a data model for our NetSuite application, however I'm coming across a data looping messaging when reloading the model

In NetSuite all the transactions like Opportunity, Quote etc are all stored in one table, in QlikView I have split them off into separate "types" so I can join them, this works

I join on "Transaction Lines" which is a table that stores all the lines on these transactions, here the loop occurs because I join this table to all the transaction tables above, the idea is to get the line items of each of the types of transactions because they could vary between types

How would I resolve this loop?

I can keep the transactions in one table, but then how do I link the rows to themselves as there are relationships in this one table

Many Thanks

Labels (1)
2 Replies
alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Maybe you could post sample file so we could help. Thanks!
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

A screenshot would really help, but I think what you are most likely running into is a circular reference.  Here is a link to the Design Blog area and a post on how to deal with those:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Circular-References/ba-p/1469332

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.