Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table file causing duplication of records

Hello all,

I have a QV database which is fed via a ODBC database and various table files of Excel spreadsheets which are linked by a field entitled projname. To cut a long story short, I had reason to amend a specific projname field (on table file) entitled 'Home' to 'Home1'. Since reloading the script and discovering this was not such a good idea, I renamed the field back to 'Home' but after reloading this again, have noticed now that I have duplicate records, i.e 2 x projname records entitled Home.

One record of 'Home' with the correct information as before but 1 record of 'Home' with no information allocated to it.

I have tried removing the table file completely, reloading, adding the file back in and reloading once again but the duplicate 'Home still remains. Is there anyway of refreshing the database apart from reloading the data again? I am accessing the DB via a Terminal Server if that makes any difference.

Thank you please.

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In case anyone is interested, the solution suggested by a developer contact was to edit the script for the Table file to

LOAD trim(projname) as projname

Props to Steve.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

In case anyone is interested, the solution suggested by a developer contact was to edit the script for the Table file to

LOAD trim(projname) as projname

Props to Steve.