cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Table not found when creating qvd file

Hi,

I'm learning Qlikview.  I tried to create the below sample code. 

When I tried to refresh the document, I get the following error:

Table not found

store FinalResult into C:\temp\FinalResult.qvd(qvd)

Can someone explain to me why and what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Product:

load * inline

[

ProductID, Desc

1, MOUSE

2, KEYBOARD

3, DRIVE

4, MEMORY

];

Cost:

load * inline

[

ProductID, Cost

1, 8.50

2, 9.50

3, 10.50

];

left join (Product)

load *

resident Cost;

FinalResult:

load *

resident Product;

store FinalResult into C:\temp\FinalResult.qvd(qvd);

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dominic,

I really appreciate your time in explaining my sample script.  Now I understand.  QV really forces me to think "differently" as my professional career is a MSSQL DBA.  This is why I said I only have one column which is common in my tables.  My tables being the sources without having any JOINS operated on yet.  After I did the "drop table Cost", I was left with only the Product table which has all the fields on it with 8 rows (including dupes).  The dupes exist due to how the code was written in above.

Thanks to everyone who responded !!

dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

No problem. It is a bit of a different way of thinking, but equally logical I feel.

One thing that I still find very useful even though I have been doing this for years is dropping an EXIT SCRIPT; statement in and reloading and then using the table viewer to see what state the data model is in at a certain stage.

On a side note, it helps me and helps others searching for solutions to their own questions if you can mark a question as answered/helpful. More info on that here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip about adding "exit script;" I just tried it.  It's indeed very helpful.  It's like "debug" in other programming languages.