Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table object continually refreshes

I have a table object which has 12 columns (dimensions) and 5 of these are calculated. The table also has an expression which builds a URL string which creates a field that can be clicked on to launch a web page.

The table seems to continuously refresh. When I move the cursor across the columns the cursor changes from the pointing finger to the eggtimer, as if there some action being performed that I had to wait on. This also seems to interfer with the my ability to click in the field that has the URL links.

If I use a larger dataset than I'm using now I also get the table being greyed out and a pop up flashes in the bottom right corner of the worksheet with a scroll bar in it and big red X in the corner.

The data source is a SQL server database.

Any ideas what is causing this refresh behaviour?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Are you using now() in any object in your interface?

This functions is continously refreshed (every second) and it causes the whole sheet to be updated.

This may not cause any troube if your interface has only 'light' expressions... you would only notice this in cases like yours.

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

How many rows of data are you trying to display these calculated dimensions on? Can you limit the output to not display so many records simultaneously? i.e. make a selection or two in one of your non-calculated dimensions?

Another thought, but it sounds to me like a synthetic key issue that is chewing up all your resources maybe? Check your data layout and see how many row's are being calculated for any synthetic keys within the app.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Are you using now() in any object in your interface?

This functions is continously refreshed (every second) and it causes the whole sheet to be updated.

This may not cause any troube if your interface has only 'light' expressions... you would only notice this in cases like yours.

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Erich

Looks like you were right, I had 2 calculated columns using Now(), and the default is Now(1) which polls every second. I changed this to Now(0) which calculates when the script is run...which is accurate enough for the my purposes.

The table object is now very calm.

Not applicable
Author

Erich

Looks like you were right, I had 2 calculated columns using Now(), and the default is Now(1) which polls every second. I changed this to Now(0) which calculates when the script is run...which is accurate enough for the my purposes.

The table object is now very calm.

Not applicable
Author

Leonard

The scheme is very simple, the main table has about 28,000 rows and it’s linked to an employee table with about 1000 rows.

There is only one linked field and I tried it with a reduced dataset but was getting the same problem.

Mark Boomer

SupportLine Manager

Micro Focus

mark.boomer@microfocus.com <mailto:mark.boomer@microfocus.com>

Micro Focus House,

2 East Bridge Street

Belfast BT1 3NK,

Northern Ireland

Direct: +44 (0)2890 260035

Mobile:

Fax: