Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II

Table object not matching charts

Hi all, this issue is baffling me.

I have a single data set of credit card transactions.  I've created a list box for the Vnd_NM and used the frequency to see how many records apply to each vendor.   I also have a chart which uses the Vnd_NM as the dimension.   When I select a vendor the frequency number in the list box and number of values in the chart match (see attached, 350 records).

When I create a table object and use the same vendor and then extract to excel, only 218 records are extracting.   I've looked at the dataset to see if there are any issues/differences in the data an cannot find any.

Has anyone had this issue?  I'm frustrated that this seems so easy and yet its not.   Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Add a unique identifier in the script... something like this

RecNo() as Unique_Id

and once you reload, you can add Unique_Id to the table to see all the rows because Unique_Id wouldn't be same for any two rows.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Table box object only shows the distinct combination of the fields added. What it means is that if you have two fields call it X and Y... and there are two rows where X = 1 and Y = 2, they will only be displayed 1 time.

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the reply - so I guess I'm confused as to how I would obtain an extract of all 350 records I've identified in this case.   As of now this is a stand along table I'm using for testing purposes.  At some point I'll be linking to another source.

I tried to setup my count in the chart on a field that has the same value for each record, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Appreciate the support!!  George

sunny_talwar

Add a unique identifier in the script... something like this

RecNo() as Unique_Id

and once you reload, you can add Unique_Id to the table to see all the rows because Unique_Id wouldn't be same for any two rows.