Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator

Table row counter in separate chart

Hi guys,

i'm trying to add a row counter chart to a sheet and i'd like it to show the number of rows displayed in a certain table even without any selections. I know i can find that count in the right lower corner of the screen selecting a table but i'd like to have the counter always clearly visible.

N.B. I can't work on the scritp and i can't upload the file because i'm using a shared document.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

See the sample QVW, the red error in ur image could be due to spell typo in your field name. Not sure though.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable

You could add one expression such as Count(TOTAL ........) where .......... stands for your field

Hope this is what u need.

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Francesca,

tell me if what i did was what you mean. I have a sheet with many tables and the one i need to be counted with no selections has 105.652 rows with 2 dimensions (labeled as "ID Sede" and "Data Competenza") and some expressions. The dimension i need to count is "ID Sede" witch is univocal, so i created the expression below in the separate chart:

Count(TOTAL 'ID SEDE')

The result is always 1, maybe because it's not related to the specific dimension of the table or maybe because i did something wrong.

Here is a screenshot of a part of the sheet, the table i need to be counted is C.30 and the chart is on the right:

Thanks a lot for you help,

Andrea

Not applicable

I'm not sure I got what you need, you'd like to have the total number of Sedi in the table or in another object such as a Text object?

By the way Count(TOTAL 'ID SEDE') will give 1 because of '' ,

try with Count(TOTAL ID SEDE)

Hope it helps

Francesca

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Quote from the other thread which has been duplicated.

by Marcus Sommer      25-feb-2016 13.17 (https://community.qlik.com/message/983016?et=watches.email.thread#983016)

You could use count-functions within a table-chart without dimensions like:

count(Dim1&Dim2&Dim3)

you will need to include your used dimensions.

But if you not want to count the number of records from certain charts (which is depending from the used dimensions) else you want to know how many records your tables have then you could use an inbuilt qv object "structure table" (last object by right click in sheet and choosing new object).

- Marcus

Digvijay_Singh

Its happening may be due to single apostrophe you have used in field name - Count(TOTAL 'ID SEDE')

Use Count(TOTAL [ID SEDE]) and it should work.

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Singh,

i inserted your function Count(TOTAL [ID SEDE]) in the definition box of the expression in the chart but the result is always "0".

Did i do something wrong?

Thanks,

Andrea

Digvijay_Singh

See the sample QVW, the red error in ur image could be due to spell typo in your field name. Not sure though.

Not applicable

It seems that your field name is not

ID SEDE but

IDSede (from the table you uploaded on your second post).

Check the correct field name in your script/table.

Regards

Francesca

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Got it! Thank you Singh and thanks Francesca too!

Have a nice day,

Andrea