Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task Failed in Qlikview

Hi,

I got the error as below.This error occured at 11:30 ,but the tasks which are scheduled for every hour later and before executed succesfully except for 11:30.Can you help me on this.What could be the reason for this.

Thanks in Advance

QlikView Publisher: The task "CustomerService -SQL Version_QVWs/1_Extract/CustomerService-SQLVersionExtract.qvw" failed

The task "CustomerService -SQL Version_QVWs/1_Extract/CustomerService-SQLVersionExtract.qvw" failed. Part of the log file follows:

10/21/2015 11:30:06 PM    Error    The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=E:\QVUSERDOCS\QLIKVIEW_PROJECTS\1_DEVELOPMENT\CUSTOMERSERVICE -SQL VERSION\1_Extract\CustomerService-SQLVersionExtract.qvw.
10/21/2015 11:30:07 PM    Error    The task "CustomerService -SQL Version_QVWs/1_Extract/CustomerService-SQLVersionExtract.qvw" failed. Exception:
QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=E:\QVUSERDOCS\QLIKVIEW_PROJECTS\1_DEVELOPMENT\CUSTOMERSERVICE -SQL VERSION\1_Extract\CustomerService-SQLVersionExtract.qvw.
at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)
at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)
at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)
at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you post the last few lines of the document log for troubleshooting the reload? Of interest will be the sections that threw the error (which caused the task to fail).

If the QVW isn't generating a document log, go into the properties of the QVW document, and check the box on the "General" tab to have it create one.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The only thing you can really do in this case is look at the log file to see what happened. You can look either on the server for the log from the reload or in the SourceDocuments folder. This is also assuming you have "Generate Log File" checked in the settings.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fchukoskie,

The lines i posted are the only lined i got through alerts,Other than that i dont have any log.I created log using the document properties.But,As i mentioned already the problem occured only at 11:30 Pm last night,again at 12:30,1:30 and so on it ran succesfully.Though is not of major concern i want to know the reason behind it.

Thanks,

Navya

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you have a lot of jobs running at that time, it could cause a random failure by not being able to allocate resources to run the job in question.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

I don't have any other jobs running during that time.Is there any way that windows update could affect Reload Issue.

Yesterday all there was an organizational update of windows,would that affect Qlikview jobs?If so,how can the alerts are populated in outlook.

Thanks,

Navya

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'd suggest keeping an eye on it and letting it run with the Document Log generating through Publisher. When things go wrong, troubleshoot them by looking at the Task Log first, and then the Document Log second (if the Task Log says that the QVW didn't reload successfully).

You'd be surprised about the number of timing-related problems that you can't track down until you develop a history of seeing which lines in load script cause things to fail. A common one, for example, is trying to read a QVD while it's being written.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That could potentially affect the database connectivity or other random factors could attribute to this as well. Network traffic could have been heavy with all of the updates, something else could have affected communication, etc... There are a lot of times where something like that will randomly happen and if it doesn't have an impact on day to day activities, you can more than likely ignore it until it comes up again and you're actually generating a log this time to give more detail.