Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text Box displaying results from a set analysis formula

Good day

I am using the formula below trying to get the sentences to start with an arrow as a bullet. The result has been displayed below with the heading Testing Bullets. I need each sentence to start with the arrow not only the paragraph. How should I do this ?

=Concat(Distinct{$ <Note_Year = {"$(=max(Note_Year))"}, Note_Month = {"$(vMaxMonthNotes)"},Note_ObjectID= {'Document\TX231'} >} chr(8594) & ' '& ActualNote, chr (10))

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I created some test data with this :

LOAD * INLINE [

TestText

One

Two

Three

Four

];

And used this in a Text Box :

=chr(8594) & ' ' & concat(distinct TestText ,  chr(10) & chr(8594)  & ' ' )

Give it a try.

sunny_talwar

But Bill do you see any issue what what the OP has right now? I think the current one should also work unless the above text is part of one cell. Right?

sunny_talwar

Not sure what the issue is, but your expression seems to work for me

Capture.PNG

Once again are you sure the few lines you shared is not a single ActualNote?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny.

Thanks for the feedback.

The formula works when there is one sentence but not on paragraphs e.g: I have added two more sentences to the first row of data below and the arrow or bullet will only be displayed after the first sentence and I would like to see all the sentences to start with the arrow or bullet after every full stop.

Table:
LOAD * Inline [
Note_Year, Note_Month, Note_ObjectID, ActualNote
2016, 4, Document\TX231, Activity from the people, places, and content you are following. What has happened to this formula today. I am currently testing it.
2016, 4, Document\TX231, Social News: new activity by Q On Learning Center.
2016, 4, Document\TX231, Recent Stats for content you've created or contributed to.
2016, 4, Document\TX231, People naturally form groups to share ideas and accomplish goals.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill

Please see my response below that was sent to Sunny.

The formula works when there is one sentence but not on paragraphs e.g: I have added two more sentences to the first row of data below and the arrow or bullet will only be displayed after the first sentence and I would like to see all the sentences to start with the arrow or bullet after every full stop.

Table:
LOAD * Inline [
Note_Year, Note_Month, Note_ObjectID, ActualNote
2016, 4, Document\TX231, Activity from the people, places, and content you are following. What has happened to this formula today. I am currently testing it.
2016, 4, Document\TX231, Social News: new activity by Q On Learning Center.
2016, 4, Document\TX231, Recent Stats for content you've created or contributed to.
2016, 4, Document\TX231, People naturally form groups to share ideas and accomplish goals

sunny_talwar

That was a load issue. Comma is used a default delimiter and your text had comma, so QlikView wasn't able to read the whole thing. Try this (I changed the delimiter to a pipe)

Table:

LOAD * Inline [

Note_Year| Note_Month| Note_ObjectID| ActualNote

2016| 4| Document\TX231| Activity from the people, places, and content you are following. What has happened to this formula today. I am currently testing it.

2016| 4| Document\TX231| Social News: new activity by Q On Learning Center.

2016| 4| Document\TX231| Recent Stats for content you've created or contributed to.

2016| 4| Document\TX231| People naturally form groups to share ideas and accomplish goals.

] (delimiter is |);

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

It is working now. The problem was that I captured a paragraph as one ActualNote.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

I am just struggling to mark it as answered.

Regards

Emelina Maluleke | BI Developer | Barclays Information & Integration Services | Data Systems & Insights : Africa

Tel +27 (0)11 846 9185 | Email Emelina.Maluleke@absa.co.za<mailto:Emelina.Maluleke@absa.co.za>

Barclays Towers East, 2nd Floor, Johannesburg, 2001

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL

sunny_talwar

May be this link can help you figure out how to mark correct and helpful answers

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful