Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text String extraction

Dear Community,

I have a text string that is rather large - it captures all activity associated to one company. It does however have some rules set against it.

I am trying to find the text associated with "Meeting 1" which can occur at any point in the string. It will be captured as:

[Date Time] Name - Meeting 1 - blah blah blah

[Date Time] Name - Another activity - blah blah blah

What i would like to do is capture the "blah blah blah" in a sepertate text box & then, if possible, capture the next meeting in another box (the second occurance of "Meeting 1")

I've tried:

mid(TEXT FIELD, findoneof(TEXT FIELD, 'Meeting 1')) as a start but this isn't working correctly.

I need to find the text after "Meeting 1" and before the next "["

Many thanks

Drew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Various times is not a problem it should return the 1st occurrence.  Unless you tell to return another one

textbetween(FieldName, 'Meeting 1','[', 2)

Check the spelling and case, and number of spaces if you use them.  Try in a text box first.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try

textbetween(FieldName, 'Meeting 1','[')

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

or

TextBetween(FieldName, 'Meeting 1 - ', '[')

if you don't need the hyphen and whitespace...

Not applicable
Author

That returns a null value - there could be various times when this would occur within the text field.... maybe that is causing the trouble?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Various times is not a problem it should return the 1st occurrence.  Unless you tell to return another one

textbetween(FieldName, 'Meeting 1','[', 2)

Check the spelling and case, and number of spaces if you use them.  Try in a text box first.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

...or post few examples...

Not applicable
Author

I've copied and pasted from the notepad so it is exactly as it appears but doesnt work. It will work if I use ,'[','['

Seems to be struggling with the full "Meeting 1' but i do not know why.

I've formatted the field as text to try to make sure that isn't the issue and it doesn't change the outcome.

sensitive information so can't post my example, sorry.

Not applicable
Author

function works in Excel - must be a formatting thing?

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Which function?

Not applicable
Author

I was being thick, sorry