Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text object does not display database field

I have a text object that I want to use to display some information about an engineer but for some reason I cannot get the text box to display  the information from the Engineer table

='Engineer: ' & EngineerName & ' Manager :'&ManagerName

This displays as

Engineer: Manager : Mr. Man Ager

I cannot get the engineer name to display?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

HI Mark,

Try putting the function only() around the field EngineerName.

Thanks,

James

View solution in original post

8 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Write a code some thing like

='Engineer: ' & [EngineerName] & ' Manager :'&ManagerName

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Anand

Thanks for the response but that didn’t make any difference.

Mark

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Mark.

This expression on a text box will only work if there is only one EngineerName and only one ManagerName available (selected)

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Erich

That’s what I have…I have two list boxes one for Manager and one for the engineers on this/her team. I filer on manager and then one Engineer. I have other objects that filter correctly on the same sheet.

What is odd is that every other field in the Engineer table will display…just not the EngineerName field. This also worked previously, I just can’t think what I did to stop it from working.

Mark

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can include a chart with the expressions

count( distinct EngineerName )

and

count ( distinct ManagerName)

just to confirm that you have one and only one result for each field.

If you still have problems, you can try to post some data in the community so we can take a look at fields, objects and expressions.

Regards,

Erich

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Ok got it do you have any sample file for that if so please provide it goes so easy.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Erich

Yes…its driving me mad…I have a view that has a graph and multiple gauges that all filter correctly based on the selected name…it’s just the Text object for the name that refuses to work for me.

I have one text object that I’m testing with and it is set to display the four fields from the Engineer table…the only field that doesn’t display is the engineer name, the other three display correctly.

Mark

Not applicable
Author

HI Mark,

Try putting the function only() around the field EngineerName.

Thanks,

James