Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Time based Actions

Hi,

I wondered if anyones know whether there is the possibility of changing the content based on the elapsed time.

Against the scenario, that we have a touchscreen where all employees can use the dashboard, I'd like to implement the two following scenarios:

Scenario 1: Every ten minutes all selections made by the user are discarded (or set back to some predefined selections)

Scenario 2: After fifteen minutes without any actions/ selections a textbox (something like "Please Choose a Year") will be set to visible. As soon as there is a selection it will be hidden.

I tried the last thing by using a variable (LET timeCount = if(mod(minute(localTime()),14) = 0,0,1);) - well but it didn't work out

I appreciate any help and ideas - thank you in advance

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try using the now() function in combination with one or more variables. See here for an example. Be careful though. It can have a negative impact on performance. Or maybe you need to implement it in vbscript. See here for an example of that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I am now able to set the object to visible or to hide it. Thank you.

Well, I don't have a clue how to use this to discard the selections every 15 minutes or so. I need a trigger for that, don't I? Thanks in advance!