Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total row for counting number of active customers by month?

Hi guys,

I created a pivot table (screenshot below):

PivotTable.PNG

Basically "1" & "0" here are for determining the status of the customer: If customer always bought something in every month over the last 3 months (this month, previous month and the month before the previous month), I marked them as Active ("1"). For this purpose, I used the function

if(rangesum( before( TOTAL Active,0,3) ) = 3, 1,0)

For the "Total" row, I wanted to show number of "Active" customer for the month (I supposed it would be just the sum of all rows). I tried using Sum(aggr()) mentioned in this link Sum of rows in pivot tables ‒ QlikView but couldn't succeed. My function is:

sum(aggr(if(rangesum( before( TOTAL Active,0,3) ) = 3, 1,0),CustomerID,Month,Year))

Any help/insight will be really appreciated! Thank you!

Henry

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

Just so I understand, what is that you don't understand? Have you looked at the qvw and don't understand the expression or do you just want to see the expression?

Expression is this

Sum(Aggr(If(RangeSum(Above(If(Sum(Purchases) >= 5, 1, 0), 0, 3)) = 3, 1, 0), Date, CustomerId))

Also, you mentioned seeing all months, do you mean something like this?

Capture.PNG

Just uncheck 'Suppress zero values' on the presentation tab.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I don't know why but I couldn't open any .qvw file (the same for Anton's file) . As far as I know your latest formula will be based on condition: sum of purchases over the last 3 months >= 5 or not. My condition is actually: sum of purchases in each month over the last 3 months  >= 5 (Sorry again for not being clear). From this condition, you can see for the first 2 months (Jan-15 & Feb-15), as we don't have 3 months data there should not be any "Active" customers.

Regards,
Henry

sunny_talwar

How about this

Sum(Aggr(If(RangeSum(Above(If(Sum(Purchases) >= 5, 1, 0), 0, 3)) = 3, 1, 0), CustomerId, Date))

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

The formula works. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Henry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I just checked with my source data again and apparently there was a problem: Using the formula mentioned above

Sum(Aggr(If(RangeSum(Above(If(Sum(Purchases) >= 5, 1, 0), 0, 3)) = 3, 1, 0), CustomerId, Date))”

will ignore the month if the customer did not have any data for e.g. we are looking at Jun-16 and if customer A did not have any data in May, the formula will look at data in Jun, Apr & Mar. If these 3 months satisfy the condition, customer A will still be marked as “Active”.

Regards,

Henry

sunny_talwar

Try the The As-Of Table approach

Script

Table:

LOAD Date,

CustomerId,

Purchases

FROM

[Sample1.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

AsOfTable:

Left Keep (Table)

LOAD DISTINCT Date as AsOfDate,

AddMonths(Date, -IterNo() + 1) as Date,

-IterNo() + 1 as Flag

Resident Table

While IterNo() <= 3;

Dimension

AsOfDate

CustomerId

Expression

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(Purchases) > 5, 1, 0), AsOfDate, Date, CustomerId)) = 3, 1, 0), AsOfDate, CustomerId))