Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III

Translating into QlikView Script

Hi

I have a requirement to calculate Earned Premium and Unearned Premium, Can you help me to translate the SQL script to QlikView Script.

nEprFactor:=GREATEST(LEAST(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/GREATEST(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1);

EPR := ROUND(NVL(nEprFactor*nInvPremium,0));

UPR :=nInvPremium-ROUND(NVL(nEprFactor*nInvPremium,0))

Can you Please help me to translate this three script into QlikView script. 

Many Thanks

Karthik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I've updated above, You can use Field there directly like

Fact:

Load AddRec.term_dt,

dEPRUptoDt,

AddRec.eff_dt,

nInvPremium,

RangeMax(RangeMin(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/RangeMax(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1) as nEprFactor,

Round(Alt(RangeMax(RangeMin(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/RangeMax(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1),0)) as EPR,

nInvPremium - Round(Alt(RangeMax(RangeMin(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/RangeMax(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1),0)) as UPR

From Table_Source;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this? Make sure, Qlik Variables won't support SQL like vice versa

1) LET nEprFactor = MaxString(MinString(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/MaxString(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1);

2) LET EPR = Round(Alt($(nEprFactor)*$(nInvPremium),0));

3) LET UPR = $(nInvPremium)-ROUND(Alt($(nEprFactor)*$(nInvPremium),0));

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

I want this to be a field calculation in the script rather then variable. Can you help me please.

Many Thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What does it holds? nInvPremium

Fact:

Load AddRec.term_dt,

dEPRUptoDt,

AddRec.eff_dt,

RangeMax(RangeMin(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/RangeMax(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1) as nEprFactor,

Round(Alt(RangeMax(RangeMin(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/RangeMax(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1),0)) as EPR,

Your nInvPremium Formula - Round(Alt(RangeMax(RangeMin(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/RangeMax(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1),0)) as UPR

From Table_Source;

karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

It's little urgent request, Can you help me to fetch this as a field in the script.

Many Thanks

karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It's a premium field name, nothing to do with variable.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I've updated above, You can use Field there directly like

Fact:

Load AddRec.term_dt,

dEPRUptoDt,

AddRec.eff_dt,

nInvPremium,

nInvPremium - Round(Alt(RangeMax(RangeMin(AddRec.term_dt,dEPRUptoDt)-AddRec.eff_dt+1,0)/RangeMax(AddRec.term_dt-AddRec.eff_dt+1,1),0)) as UPR

From Table_Source;