Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trendline Values and Export to Excel

Hello All,

Is it possible to display the numbers on a trend line(just like a normal line graph which displays the value when the mouse is over the line)?

I have a chart which has trendline based on actuals for the first few periods and then using the "forecast" property, I extend the trendline for the next few periods.

I have 2 issues:

1. The graph doesnt show the legend for the Forecast data (if i have actuals for weeks 1,2 and 3 and I forecast for the next 2 weeks, it doesn't show the weeks 4 and 5 on the x axis). - I got around this by using the layered approach, but was wondering if there's some property which could do this.

2. The trendline doesn't show numbers when my mouse is over the line.

Are there any workarounds for these?

Also, is there a way to get the trendline exported to excel with values in any way? I cannot use it for much inside Qlikview because I cannot directly see or use the number for anything...

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't do much more with the trendline then show it and show the formula. You can try adding an expression using the linest_m and linest_b function to create your own trendline. But that's not always possible, for example when you're using two dimensions in your line chart. If you can post a small qlikview document with (example) data then we can have a look and see if we can come up with a solution that works for you.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand