Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trendline for a multiple dimension line chart

Is there an easy way to create an 'average' trendline for a line chart with 2 dimensions? I have the following, and wish to produce an average of the 4 lines on the same chart, but since I have 2 dimensions, clicking the Average trendline box produces 4 additional trendlines, instead of 1. I'd rather not have to create a transparent chart on top if possible. Thanks

qvhelp.JPG

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Why are both the Sum and Avg displayed in the below instance, but when selecting only one company, just the sum(sales) is displayed? (And sorry, I was just playing around and added Company C to the original file). Just trying to understand the relationship between the 'Dim Load Inline 1, 2' you touched on, and the first field in the Pick function (the 'Dim') in the chart

qlik.JPG

sunny_talwar

When you select just one company the two average lines overlap because average of 10 = 10

Not applicable
Author

So neither Sum(Sales) or Avg(Sales) is ever 'Picked'? I'm not really sure what function Pick is serving if both expressions are always displayed

sunny_talwar

Pick is deciding which specific dimension value should get assigned which expression. So looking at it from the straight table view might make things easier to understand

Capture.PNG

When my dimension is Average, use the Avg(Sales) Expression. and when the dimension is Company = A or Company = B, then use Sum(Sales)

This dimension in itself is created using the pick function.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sean,

Take a look at this blog post, it may provide a solution for you:

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-accumulate-values/

If you look at the part about the average bar in a bar chart, I think that is what you need.  You simply have to create a new data island that links each of the dimensions to itself and to the 'average' dimension.

You may have to extrapolate the solution out a bit further, so that you have a single dimension field with five values and then the expression behaves differently based on which value in the dimension is in play.

Hope that gives you some ideas on how to approach this problem?

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hey guys - I'm having issues on a similar chart with similar data, but the expression is a % return. Can you take a look at the attached? I need to have a dynamic average of the two lines (Company A & B) show up, but when I add an additional expression (currently not enabled), it only charts the Average line, when I need it to plot all 3 of the lines together. Thanks again for the help!