Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phil_asmar
Partner - Contributor III

Trigger EDX Reload In Macro on AJAX Client

Dear All,

I wish to run a macro from the accesspoint to reload a dashboard on demand using EDX.

I have tried EDX and it works locally using a batch file but it doesnt work on Chrome(AJAX Client).

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this happen?

Thank you in advance!

11 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, there is a method to make this work.

See Stefan Walthers extension/example here: Triggering an EDX Task from the Ajax Client | Qlik Community

Best,

Peter

phil_asmar
Author

I saw that post but i wanted to integrate it within the application and trigger the reload without having to click the button. can we do it without the button?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Phil,

Can you please share me the sample application with expected o/p, Please?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) Where you want to create this?

2) Where you want to click that EDX?

3) If you don;t want to create just create with Text box and BG opacity is 100%

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
phil_asmar
Author

The application can be an empty one.

What i need is to add a trigger on application open that will run a macro which will trigger a reload of the dashboard in the QMC using EDX. This is why i don't want to click myself on a button like in the extension.

Any idea?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Those are the means, but what is your objective?

phil_asmar
Author

I want the dashboard that i am accessing to be reloaded upon opening it from the accesspoint.

The dashboard needs to be realtime but putting a task with a 1 minute refresh is not an option. This is why we need to trigger a reload from the QMC when the user opens the dashboard.

Do you need me to explain further?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Phil,

User open the qvw then what are you expecting. What you want to apply the changes.

phil_asmar
Author

The user open the qvw on the accesspoint, i want a macro to be launched that will reload the task of that dashboard in the QMC. That way the dashboard is reloaded when the user opens it.

That is what i am expecting. I want a dashboard reload (task reload)