Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger fifth business day of the month

Hi guys.. I need program a trigger the fifth business day of the month. This can be done?.

Thanks!!.

Ivan.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ivan,

not sure if I understood what you want to trigger or where you want to use the trigger.

This expression will return the number of business days (working days Mon-Fri) counted from start of today's month:

=NetWorkDays(monthstart(today()), today())

You can add a list of holidays as additional arguments to Networkdays() function (please check the Help file for more details).

So something like

=NetWorkDays(monthstart(today()),today())=5

could be used as condition e.g. in a show condition expression of a chart.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Stefan.

I try to create a new trigger in a task with management console!.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think that triggering on business day number of a month is a standard feature in QV management console (but I could be wrong).

Two possible workarounds came to my mind:

If you are firm in Windows scripting, write a little script that checks for the business day, if it's #5 of the month, trigger your task via an EDX call (there are some samples here in the forum of how to do this, it's quite easy using the command line tool). Let the windows scheduler run this little script every day.

Same idea, little different approach:

Create a small qvw file, check in the script the number of your business day with above suggested QV expression. Only proceed if the expression is true (or exit script).

Create a trigger in management console that let QV server execute this script each day (or 5. to 7. of a month).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

I try create a small qvw file.

Thank Stefan.

Ivan.