cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger to Select in More than One Field

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to set up Triggers on Sheet Activation so it makes selections in more than one Field?

For instance:

Select in Field:

FIELD: ALPHABET

SEARCH STRING: A

Lock Field:

FIELD: ALPHABET

Then Another Select in Field:

FIELD: NUMBER

SEARCH STRING: =Max(Number)

That way when the user opens the specific sheet the document already has the values of A and the maximum number selected?

I've seen other discussions about two strings within the one field but I am struggling with selecting values in two differing fields.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, one issue could be that your second selection will try to select max(Number) of the possible Number values before the first selection is made.

Try

SEARCH STRING: =Max({<ALPHABET = {A}>} Number)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use more than 1 action with one trigger. Just add actions as needed in the dialog.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

I have tried that but it only seems to be picking up the first Select in Field and ignoring the second.

t_chetirbok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi!

Безымянный.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I believe it should perform both, if the selection in second field is done properly and won't result in an incompatible set.

Could you upload a small sample QVW that demonstrates what you are trying to achieve?

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

I've noticed that QlikView doesn't always respond to triggers correctly when developing the app. If you insert a trigger, save the document before testing the trigger. That usually works fine.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, one issue could be that your second selection will try to select max(Number) of the possible Number values before the first selection is made.

Try

SEARCH STRING: =Max({<ALPHABET = {A}>} Number)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's it working now.

Cheers.