Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a0693051
Contributor III
Contributor III

Triggers not working in AJAX mode

Hi All,

I have written "On-Activate Sheet" and "On-Leave Sheet " triggers (to display the favorite buyer as default in Buyer filter) in 3 tabs (out of total 15 tabs) and we are hiding the inbuilt 'tabrow ' and we created buttons to switch between the sheets. Now the problem is the triggers are not working in access point for AJAX mode. But working in normal mode.

I am using the buttons to navigate to different sheets, and “Activate Sheet” action is working. So I have added the same trigger condition (please refer the attached screen shot) to the Actions in same button, but still ‘Select in Field’ and ‘Clear Field’ actions are not working.

Example:

Actions: Select in Field

Field: Buyer

Search String: ='(' & Concat(DISTINCT chr(34) & [Favorite Buyer] & chr(34),'|') & ')'

Here the field [Favorite Buyer] is having 5 values like (‘abcdefgh, xyz123, 987lmnop, ‘pqrst’ and abcd).

Can anyone please help me why triggers are not working in AJAX mode and help me if there is any workaround for that.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Jhanaarthanan

10 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is Qlik NPrinting community, maybe you should post your question in the QlikView community to have more possibilities to have an answer.

Qlik NPrinting doesn't support connections to documents with triggers.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
a0693051
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for your reply.

Please note, my Qlikview document have on-demand Nprinting reports. So should open the document with AJAX mode in Access Point. And my document have triggers in 3 tabs which is not working in AJAX mode. That is the reason I have posted in Qlik NPrinting community.

Please advise.

Regards

Jhanaarthanan

a0693051
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Moved to QlikView community.

Thanks & Regards

Jhanaarthanan

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok, thanks for the details. In any cases triggers in QlikView documents are not supported by Qlik NPrinting so:

- you could remove the triggers from the document

- you could create a copy of the document without triggers only for reporting purposes

It could be that in some cases .QVWs with triggers work with Qlik NPrinting but this is not warranty.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

May be Try

'(' & $(=Concat(DISTINCT chr(34) & [Favorite Buyer] & chr(34),'|')) & ')'

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I referred this issue or a very similar one to Qlik Support using QlikView 11.20 SR12 and QlikView 12.10 IR.

With the tabrow hidden and using the Ajax client, QlikView didn't trigger, indeed, any action when the sheet was active but not by clicking on its tab. It was a bug that was later fixed.

To make it work they told me to modify the file settings.ini in the server, setting up the line MaxActionLevel=5 (or a value higher than 1) or creating the line altogether if it doesn't exist under the section [Settings 7].

It worked for me.

If this doesn't work for you, check with Qlik Support.

a0693051
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sasidhar,

Thanks for your reply. sorry it is not working as expected. 😞

Regards

Jhanaarthanan

a0693051
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your reply.

I will try and let you know. But I don't understand the below:

creating the line altogether if it doesn't exist under the section [Settings 7].

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Jhanaarthanan

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you already have the line MaxActionLevel make sure its value is 5 or higher (contact Qlik Support if required)

If you don't have that line, you will have to create it.