Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunika-arora
Contributor II
Contributor II

Truncated Document Logs generated even for successful Qlikview tasks in QMC

****URGENT HELP REQUIRED****

Hi,

We are using Qlikview 11.20.12904.0 version. We are using it from very long time, but from past few days we are facing the issue below.

Truncated Document Logs are getting generated in Log Location(i.e. in 'QDS Application Data Folder') by tasks in Qlikview QMC, irrespective of whether the task completes successfully or fails. Seeing this issue with almost all tasks.

Could somebody please help ??

Thanks,

Kunika

13 Replies
kunika-arora
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Albert_Candelario ,

The article mentions about bug in Qlikview 12.10 so, in any way it doesn't relates to our case (as We are using Qlikview 11.2).

Plus, we are using the same version (i.e Qlikview 11.2) in our other environment also but this issue is not there in it... We have been using this version from very long in our both environments.

Could you please advise on what could be rootcause for this and how to resolve it ? 

Albert_Candelario

@kunika-arora 

Is this issue random or happening on all document logs?

We also saw one case were was impacting 11.20. As usually, this is kind of random, could it be it was already there till it was detected.

Please, provide those details.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
kunika-arora
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Albert_Candelario ,

The issue is happening for random tasks for random reload cycles.

We have been using Qlikview 11.2 from much longer time, but started seeing this behavior from last couple of months... there was no change made to the environment also so we are at a loss of clue as to what might be causing this.... Further, Our other environment also uses the same i.e. Qlikview 11.2 but its working perfectly over there.

Any hint/clue as to from where we can troubleshoot it/what might be causing it ? Any resolution to this ? Appreciate your help !

Thanks,

Kunika

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The most likely thing is a Windows Update to the .Net Framework about the time the issue started to occur, can you confirm on the machine running the QDS if there were any .Net Updates applied around the time the issue started occurring?  If so, the best course of action is most likely going to be updating to the latest SR in the 11.20 track, which I believe is SR19 now, that will provide some updates regarding system requirements etc. that may take care of everything here.  R&D will not entertain patching SR12 at this point, so this is really about your only option, if we can still see the issue in SR19, then we may be able to look into things further, but this is my best hunch, and I would not really recommend removing updates as you may leave things with some security holes at that point, so I would venture doing the update to SR19 is likely the best option you have at this point.  Sorry I do not have anything better, but this is most likely issue from what I can gather from the conversation.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.