Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritaaguiar
Creator
Creator

Tutorials on time tracking and managment

Hi there,

I am new to Qlik View and I just finished an intense session of the Qlik View Tutorial until 3.3 (Associating data from many tables).

The tutorial aids the user in understanding the interface and gives some insights on how to work with sales. However, I am interested in working with time. Specifically, this means that I am tracking the time the users (at my company) spend using a certain application on their work computers. To do this I have to work with dates and hours, but it seems to me that there is a lack of information on how to work with this in the Tutorial. Can anyone help me finding a Tutorial on this? Does anyone have been working with something similar?

Many thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Not sure about tutorials as such.

but there are multiple functions like Interval which can be used e.g.  Interval (date1-date2, 'mmm-dd-yyyy hh:mm')

the community is quite good. you will find answers for most questions either from history or if you ask

good luck

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi Rita

date/time is generally treated as just another dimension but qlik has some powerful ways to use them and with multiple techniques like master calendar, canonical date etc.

how to use date and time totally depends on your scenario (how its stored in your source system and what you want to do with them). a lot can be done with dates and time both at script level and at UI/expression level (set analysis or other vise).

i would continue the tutorial and things may get clearer when you get to set analysis etc.

an overview of all date specific functions are here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/DateAndTimeFun...

ritaaguiar
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Dilip

I already have the date and time data in the correct format so I don't need to covert it.

I want to find a tutorial on how to do calculations, for example:I have the date and time that the user started the application and the date and time when he closed it. I would like to calculate the time that the user spent using the application.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Not sure about tutorials as such.

but there are multiple functions like Interval which can be used e.g.  Interval (date1-date2, 'mmm-dd-yyyy hh:mm')

the community is quite good. you will find answers for most questions either from history or if you ask

good luck