Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Un-associated selection clears associated selections

I have an app where I make some selections which appear in my Current Selections Box. If I then make a selection of a grey un-associated item, it clears ALL my selections, even the ones that are associated with my new grey selection. Why does this happen ?

The app used to work fine and only clear un-associated selections. The only change is we have created a Preceding Load in the script but looking at the table design this has not caused extra tables or fields other than the ones we wanted in the Preceding Load.

3 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I have the same problem with some fields..

Triggers? did you check?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have found what the problem is, I think it is a bug in Qlikview but they disagree. I have been told that selecting a “grey” option is an ambiguous selection & Qlikview is “not sure” what you want to happen so gives you unexpected results. I have found that the order in which fields are loaded into a table can have an effect on how qlikview behaves. I moved one of my fields to a different load position in the script & now my app behaves as I would like & does not deselect options that are associated with my new “grey” selection.

Dennis Sheffield

Performance Analyst | Carillion telent

Carr Lane

Chorley

Lancs

PR7 3JP

Tel: 01257 235565

Email: dennis.sheffield@carillionplc.com<mailto:dennis.sheffield@carillionplc.com>

Carillion telent is a joint venture of Carillion Utility Services Ltd (Registered in England No 728599) Registered Office 24 Birch Street, Wolverhampton WV1 4HY and telent Technology Services Ltd (Registered in England No 703317) Registered Office Point 3 Haywood Road Warwick CV34 5AH

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Got the same answer from Qlik support :

When yous select a grey value, QlikView can't understand what do you mean. Do you mean a new question, that is all the fields will be cleared, do you mean that some of the previous field selections that are compatible will be kept,... Moreover a consequent understanding wouldn't be trivial to implement so that it works with big QlikView documents. This is why when you select a grey value QlikView try to guess what do you mean and that guess sometimes is what you expect but sometimes not. For not forcing QlikView to guess you should either lock the fields you don't want to be modified or clear the fields you want to be cleared before selecting a grey value.