cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to start QlikView Services

Hi,

All my Qlikview services were running fine till 2 days back. Suddenly 2 of the services are down on Management console and when I checked the status of same services on the server, they are up.

Tried few solution from community like,

- Stopping and starting the services again.I was able to start them on server but it is not reflected in management Console. Not sure WHY!!

- Increased the Maximum log size(in EVENT VIEWER) and Rebooted the server.

- Cleared the Application Log

None of these solution did work for me. Not sure what might be the reason for the services to go down. I am surprised to see the  services are shown "Started" on the Server (Under Start->Services) and same are shown down on Management Console.

Any help would be appropriated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Laxmi

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like someone has encountered something similar before

Services running but not in QMC

Re: Membership of local security groups is missing

Did you try restarting QV Management Service in Services to see if it's refreshed?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. I tried restarting the QlikView services in Services and I am able to restart. And my UserID is added to the Administrator and QlikView Administrator groups. I am using same credentials to Logon to services which I am using to login to QlikView Server.

I have restated Qlikview services many times and Rebooted the server twice till now. But no luck

vikasmahajan

Have you try to add administrators credientials to services and check.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Laxmi,

can you post a screen shot from QMC of the 'STATUS' ' SERVICES' screen?

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you everyone for the reply!

One of my teammate having admin access to the server was able to bring the services up. So I am thinking the issue might be with my credentials.

Trying to find out the same.

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Laxmi,

I have a doubt

have u done any thing like below situation?

if the same license(Key/Number) you applied in 2 machines and if you up both machines at a time you can get this type of issue (Some times we tested for some works and unfortunately we start the 2nd machine before shutdown the running machine)

if my doubt is correct then you need to uninstall server software and install server software again but before that u need to take all screens print out so that u will not miss any thing later)

i hope this will help to u else check with Qliktech/contact your vendor from where u buy the Server license.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nope!. We have QlikView Server installed in a Single Machine. So no chance of occurrence of these situations.

But Thanks for the information.