Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Understanding of how to show Money Value..

Hi every one...

is there Any one help me how to Show money value in qlikview..

=numsum({$<Year={$(=only(Year))}>}PriceIncludingDiscount)),'##.##')... in this example how this # will show tha value..i

get confuse('##.##') about this. how its works.. as well if i want to show Value in Rupees so how we can do this..

like if it is 25000 than show 25k.. if its 250000 than show 2.5L and more value.. but in indian Rupees Only..i dont want show value in

Dollar or either Pound .. kinldy help me to understand this

5 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Try from here:

Thanks,
AS

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

NumSum (which is now obsolete and has been replaced by RangeSum()) treats its parameters as a list of numeric value and sums those values. It does not work on a field and does not take a set expression as a parameter. It does not accept a format parameter. I think what you mean to do is this:

Num(Sum({$<Year={$(=only(Year))}>} PriceIncludingDiscount),'0.##')

(if it is a chart expression, you can format it in the Numbers tab of the chart properties and do not need the Num().)

As far as displaying the values as k or in lakh, you will have to the arithmetic yourself and format the value accordingly. Something like:

If(Sum({$<Year={$(=only(Year))}>} PriceIncludingDiscount) > 100000,

Num(Sum({$<Year={$(=only(Year))}>} PriceIncludingDiscount)/100000, '0.00') & 'L',

If(Sum({$<Year={$(=only(Year))}>} PriceIncludingDiscount) > 1000,

Num(Sum({$<Year={$(=only(Year))}>} PriceIncludingDiscount)/1000, '0.00') & 'k',

Num(Sum({$<Year={$(=only(Year))}>} PriceIncludingDiscount), '0.00')

))

This could perform poorly because the sum is being performed 4 times and they will not export nicely to Excel...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

thanks Amit. this one i know .. I m not Understanding this Format Patter..$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00).. can u help me to understand this.. for all pattern for number , integer and fixed to ... how to show Symbol fo Rupees

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan.. but In my Application .. i Have Multiple expression .. so for every expression i need to define

if else.. is there any simple way to do this..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brijesh,

There is two ways to display currency in your req....

1. In Expression you can give $#,##0.00;

2. Going Object ( you req ) -> Properties -> Number Tab -> Choose Money Radio button -> Format pattern give your format( Your req)

Ramya.