Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergio3
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Unknown hash-named files Qlikview

Hello!

Can somebody tell me,

What is this big hash-named files in source documents folder of my front-end Qlikview server?

Can i delete it?

img-2020-01-21-11-38-57.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Believe this may have been a duplicate post, as I believe I ran across this the other day on another post, but those files should be 'temp' files from most likely failed tasks that did not clean up after themselves very well, so the answer is yes, you can get rid of them, and the better indicator is the timestamp, both of which are quite old, so definitely should not post any issues for you.  The GUID file is the temp file, the issue that would have had to have occurred here is we were unable to actually delete the QVW file such that we could rename the GUID temp file to the QVW filename...  One thing that can cause these issues is Active Scanning Anti-virus clients, so be sure if you have any running, you put exceptions on our folders...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Believe this may have been a duplicate post, as I believe I ran across this the other day on another post, but those files should be 'temp' files from most likely failed tasks that did not clean up after themselves very well, so the answer is yes, you can get rid of them, and the better indicator is the timestamp, both of which are quite old, so definitely should not post any issues for you.  The GUID file is the temp file, the issue that would have had to have occurred here is we were unable to actually delete the QVW file such that we could rename the GUID temp file to the QVW filename...  One thing that can cause these issues is Active Scanning Anti-virus clients, so be sure if you have any running, you put exceptions on our folders...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.