Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator

Unusual Calendar Result

Hi,

In a previous thread, I asked how to automatically collapse Months into Quarters in the dimension, the answer was given as

If(FiscalMonthNumeric<Ceil(Max(TOTAL FiscalMonthNumeric),3)-2,FiscalQuarter, Month)

I've tried to implement this fix but I'm coming across an usual issue. I think it may be related to the fact that my fiscal year starts in Apr?!

The solution above works perfectly when using the FiscalMonthNumeric (See the top two charts in the attached) whereas if I use the Month field, it works until I get to January, it then puts January's data in Q1, Feb in Q2 and March in Q3. (The bottom 2 graphs in the attached)

The only difference in the two is one dimension says

If(FiscalMonthNumeric<Ceil(Max(TOTAL FiscalMonthNumeric),3)-2,FiscalQuarter, Month)

and the other is

If(FiscalMonthNumeric<Ceil(Max(TOTAL FiscalMonthNumeric),3)-2,FiscalQuarter, FiscalMonthNumeric)

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Kari, I can't explain why but this calculated dimension works in the bottom right chart:

=If(FiscalMonthNumeric<Ceil(Max(TOTAL FiscalMonthNumeric),3)-2,FiscalQuarter, Dual(Month, FiscalMonthNumeric))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For some reason I'm getting 'Allocated Memory Exceeded' in all four charts if I open your document.

What should be displayed?

Peter

rubenmarin

Hi Kari, I can't explain why but this calculated dimension works in the bottom right chart:

=If(FiscalMonthNumeric<Ceil(Max(TOTAL FiscalMonthNumeric),3)-2,FiscalQuarter, Dual(Month, FiscalMonthNumeric))

Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator
Author

Perfect, many thanks