cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Up/Down arrow based on pivot table which is using Valuelist

I have pivot table something as below. I want to show UP/Down arrow next to each of the measures. So the condition is if measure >=0 then UP Arrow(In Green) and if the measure is less <0 then DOWN arrow(In Red).

Since I have been using Valuelist here I am not sure how to achieve this here.

Please help me out to achieve this.

Pivot Table.jpg

26 Replies
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry to trouble you... 🙂

I have to try method 1 only though it is longer since they chart should be in the same way I have displayed. 

One problem in method 1 would be I cannot control the color for Change* only. That will be a problem.

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

It's possible, but again not a great solution. If you click the '+' icon next to the expressions, then click text colour, you can set an expression to determine the colour of the expression result. You could use this to change the colour where valuelist=Change* with another long IF statement. You wouldn't have to include the if(valuelist='Last 3 months', etc. anymore but you'd still have to separate the 3 different Change columns.

Something like:

If(Valuelist('Last 3 months', 'Change1', etc.) = 'Change1', if(*Last3monthsexpression*< 0, red, green), if(Valuelist(...) = 'Change2', if(*Last6monthsexpression* < 0, red, green), if(Valuelist(...) = 'Change3', If(*Next3monthsexpression* < 0, red, green))

Again, it's not pretty, but I think it works.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks...

Yeah it is getting bigger and bigger 🙄 not sure whether they will accept to have extra column with the column name then only I can think of it... Let check it out...

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Was this okay check..

Captured.PNG

Captured.PNG

HTH,

PFA

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It is very simple and perfect but is there is anyway to handle this if the value is null.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

what to be displayed in place of null.
HirisH
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any neutral visual cues..

With this table what if the user wants to have a separate columns like change 1, change 2 and change 3 for all the 3 measures but the column names should be hidden. How that is possible... Please help me for both...

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

you can put '0' or 'no Value' in place of null from Presentation Tab.

I don't think we can create new columns, as your'e using value list & it will become messy. Better, my suggestion is to create a table in script and Calculate all expressions there itself. Then it will be easy for you to achieve what ever required. Even in straight table also you can plot report and hide columns or other sort functionalities will become handy there.

HirisH
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

As I expected the need is to have numbers in different color and visual cue in different color... So I believe I should add 3 more columns for 3 measure then only I think I will be able to achieve this... But I feel even if we do this we cannot have different colors.

Please let me know if you have any simple alternative.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can you please implement this in the same structure that I had given...