Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Upgrading Personal Edition

Hi There,

I use QV Personal Edition Version 9. I've been too scared to upgrade because of the potential loss of access to the files I've created. But I want to upgrade now.

From Refernce Manual:

As a user of QlikView Personal edition you can upgrade the software to a newer version at any time and con-tinue working with your documents. New versions may be downloaded on the QlikView download page and

installed on the existing computer.

Downloaded Version 11 and I'm busy installing. On the "Customer Information" screen, I'm not sure what the Username should be - scared this affects the opening of my files.

Should it be my computer name (TCS0081) or my Username (GERHARDL).

When I type OSUser() in QlikView 9 it returns PEPSTORES\GERHARDL - but during installation the field defaults to TCS0081 (computer name).

I'm very nervous - please help!

2 Replies
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hmm, okay I went ahead and installed, using GERHARDL as username.

I now have Version 9 and 11 on my computer. When trying to open my files in 11 it does not work (asks if I want to recover). Can still open them in 9 of course.

Any idea why this is? I'm using the same computer, same login, same username, just an updated version of QlikView...

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Even when I create a file in QV 11 and save it and close it, when I then open it again I can only Open it in QV 9.

Crazy.