Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Urgent Help Needed. Linking each cell to seperate Text Object

Dear Respected Members,

I have a table which has 5 coulmns. I added a new column by adding one more dummy dimension "Clike here", so now i have 6 columns. Table has 5 rows. I have 5 seperate text objects.

what i wnt is that whenever i click on "click here" from any row , its relevant Text Object should be shown.

I am successfully doing it with 5 seperate  buttons but when i see it on Internet explore the buttons loose their positions. so i want to acheive this target by Table column. so i want to link the column cells to text objects

Please guide me

Please see the attached table

so  in Net i want this click here to a seperate text object. Click here of  Orders will open a text object for Orders and click here of first orders will open text object of first orders

I tried to use Triggers where i SET VARIABLE  "v_info_on" = 1  and in TEXT OBJECT i have put condition in layout v_info_on=1 . but it does not work.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

is there any one who can reply?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hmmm....! Try this:

In the script where you added the dummy field, instead of "Click here" use:

Dual("Click here",RecNo()) or maybe an If() statement or Evaluate(). Basically, the second parameter for Dual() needs to be a different number for each of the rows in your attached image (Previous Orders etc).

Then, in the script instead of adding DummyField as a dimension add an expression:

Only({<DummyField=>}DummyField)

This will ensure all rows are always displayed when you make a selection in DummyField. Now, when you click on one of the "Click here" entries, the number you set in the Dual() function will be selected. You can use this number to conditionally show/hide your text boxes.

I'm on a train and can't test this so I'm not actually sure it'll work! Or if it's really want you want...hope it helps though!

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jason.

It is great that some here listen to questions.

I will try it and will update you shortly

Regards

USman

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

USman,

You will find there are a great many people who regularly try and help others on this forum. Have a little patience - you only waited a bit over an hour before your second post! Remember many of us also have day-jobs but will try and answer questions whenever we can.

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Dear

I tried your method.

I added the dual statement in the script.

it added a field into my fields with the name dual("click here"   . it does not make any sense.

can u please look into my file

Attached here is the qv file

Regards

Usman

Not applicable
Author

DummyTable:

LOAD * INLINE [

dummyfield

Dual("Click here",RecNo())

];

i have added the above script which added a field  Dual("Click here" in my field list... i think there is some problem with the above Dual expression..... I have removed the dimension and added the expression as you guided...but due you to problem with above expression i can not the number assigned by Dual ()

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think you need to put the Dual() line in with your OrderKPI table:

OrderKPIs:

LOAD kpi_id as order_kpi_id,

kpi_name as order_kpi_name,

kpi_format as order_kpi_format,

kpi_indent as order_kpi_indent,

show_in_main_table as order_show_in_main_table,

Dual("Click here",RecNo())          AS          DummyField

FROM

detail_reporting_kpis_without_CVP.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is detail_orders);

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jason.

It worked.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Great. Please mark a correct answer to close the thread.

Jason