Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Urgent help

Hi,

Please can any one help me, as in  QlikView 8.5  the below expression is working fine but same thing is not working in QlikView 11

=COUNT(distinct if([ Stage Name]='Fund',ID&[Cycle Hierarchy Owner]))

PN:- [Cycle Hierarchy Owner] - This is actualy the cyclic drill which is there in the dimension and we have used in the expression to group the data accordingly.

It is working fine in Qlikview 8.5 version but when i use the same thing in Qlikview 11 version its given me the error " Bad field name [Cycle Hierarchy Owner]"

Can any one help me on this..

Regards,

Ankit

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Ankit,

There is a function that returns the name of the field selected within a group:

GetCurrentField(groupname)

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Had tried it, but it didnt work. it gvies me the same error.

Regrads,

Ankit

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Ankit,

First of all, in the Settings menu of the Desktop, Document Properties, Groups tab, does the group "[Cycle Hierarchy Owner]" actually exist?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Can you attach the application you're working on?  Might help us to figure this out.

Cheers,

Emma

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Assuming the group does exist, then this is how you could use GetCurrentField:

=COUNT(distinct If([ Stage Name]='Fund', ID & $(=GetCurrentField([Cycle Hierarchy Owner]))))

(I think this is right, but I 'm not sure what to do with the square brackets, so if this does not work as posted, play around a bit with the GetCurrentField parameter.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein