Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Urgent questions: 1) multiple expressions with 2 dimensions at each drilldown 2) slide to affect values shown at each level of drilldown

Hi all,

I have very urgent query, with two problems I have been striving to solve - I've been racking my brains on these ones to no avail, so any help would be really appreciated.

The first one is the following:

I have three lines I want to show in a graph: Future, Mix and Difference expressions. Future and Mix represent volumes and Difference is just Future - Mix. There are two dimensions at this initial level: Extract Date (x axis) and Source.

On drilldown by clicking on the Difference line, I would like to see just Difference with Extract Date and now Site as dimensions. On clicking the lines again, I would like to drill Difference down to see information with Extract Date and now Code Concatenation as dimensions.

The problem is that I don't seem to be able to have 2 dimensions for multiple expressions. I have tried to find a workaround for this by using one expression for volume and a dimensions Historical/Plan to obtain Future Volume and Mix Volume line, and apply a conditional show on Difference expression to only appear at later drilldown but this does not seem to work either.

The second question is the following:

I now look at calcuating Future Volumes/Mix Volumes to give me a new expression: Difference %. According to the weighting I apply to Difference %, I want to use a Threshold slider to control the information I show or do not show on the Difference % graph. This works - if the value is below my threshold selected on my slider, the Difference % data point will disappear accordingly at Code concatenation level. But when I try to apply this at the next, aggregated level up, Site, the threshold has no affect on the values - in theory, the slider should make the Site value decrease/increase with the values it lets disappear/appear.

Any help on these would be amazing - I hope I have explained this clearly, attached is a view of the file, with a tab for each questions.

Any question, do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks!

Anna

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

File attached below