Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Use Alternative States to compare only time dimensions

Hello,

I have a simple report with a few dimensions : Year, Year/Month, Region, Country, Customer, Product

and two measures : cost and revenue

I would like to compare a total of Cost during any period and any previous period.

Which means, I want to let the users select exactly which period they want to see, and which exact period they want to compare to.

They can choose two months in the list and compare them with any two other months, not the previous ones for example.

To do that I have created a list box with Year and Year/Month in an Alternate State. The problem is I want to compare the default state to the Alternate state but for the Region, Country, Customer, Product already selected. I don't want to duplicate all dimensions in Alternate State.

If you understand well I want to compare :

Total Cost with filter from All dimensions from Default State 

to

Total Cost with Year and Year/Month filter  from Second Filter and all other Dimensions filter from Alternate State

Is it possible ? or is there another way to do it ?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nicolasgioux
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

To achieve what you want to do, I suggest to have a formula like this for the second period (replace Alternate State by your Alternate State name):

Sum({$<[Year] = [Alternate State]::[Year], [Year/Month] = [Alternate State]::[Year/Month]>} [Revenue])

Hope this will help you.

Best regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nicolasgioux
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

To achieve what you want to do, I suggest to have a formula like this for the second period (replace Alternate State by your Alternate State name):

Sum({$<[Year] = [Alternate State]::[Year], [Year/Month] = [Alternate State]::[Year/Month]>} [Revenue])

Hope this will help you.

Best regards,

Nicolas

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Excellent ! Thank you